Deschênes Group Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Deschênes”) recognizes that the proper management of personal information is very important. Accordingly, in line with Deschênes Privacy Protection Policy, all personal information will be handled in the following manner:
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
Deschênes will acquire in a fair and lawful manner, only such personal information as is necessary, and will ensure that the use of such information is restricted.
2. Personal Information Use
Personal information acquired by Deschênes may be used in the following ways:
- To provide products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalogue distribution (personal information includes all information necessary to understand the requirements of a customer, such as customer purchase history and customer delivery status);
- To enable response to customer requests, including customer inquiry history (and the collection of customer inquiries for the purpose of improving Deschênes responsiveness);
- As a reference to determine customer requirements for products, planning, development, advertisement, sales and service activities of Deschênes (this personal information will include answers to questionnaires given at the time of purchase, customer satisfaction survey, and customer inquiry history);
- To send information about Deschênes as well as its products and services, or other items such as catalogs, brochures, information on new products, books, or any other information that Deschênes considers to be of interest to the customer;
- To notify a prize winner or send a prize, or for the purpose of other pertinent communication with the person in question;
- To verify participant presence in exhibitions and seminars, as well as correspond with them after the event;
- To develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities;
- As a reference in the recruitment of an individual where the personal information is provided by an inquirer or an applicant to Deschênes;
- As defined by the Personal Data Protection Law and other applicable laws and regulations;
- The acquired personal information may be processed and used as statistical data, provided that particular individuals cannot be identified.
3. Provision of Personal Information
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Acquired personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties except as listed below:
- With prior consent;
- Where authorized by the Personal Data Protection Law or any other relevant laws and regulations
- If Deschênes is ordered or allowed to disclose such information pursuant to a ruling or order of a Court, a tribunal, an arbitrator or any judicial or administrative authority having jurisdiction.
Provision of Personal Information to Subcontractors
Acquired personal information may be disclosed and offered to sub-contractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used; e.g. when Deschênes sends products to a distributor or assigns the role of organizing a campaign to a data processing company. In such event, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and Deschênes shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the personal information by the third party.
Personal Information Sharing
Acquired personal information may be shared and used within Deschênes and its subsidiaries in order to attain the usage purposes described in Section 2, "Personal Information Use". Personal information that may be shared within the group means: names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, purchase histories, repair histories, inquiry histories and contents, and request contents. Deschênes is responsible for protecting the personal information that is shared and used by the Group. Deschênes will observe the Personal information Protection Policy and strictly control the security of personal information.
4. Proper Management of Personal Information
Deschênes will deploy all necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent the acquired personal information from being leaked or lost. All personal information are gathered and held to secure the safety of the personal information in accordance with Deschênes Privacy Protection Policy related to information management. Deschênes will also offer all training necessary to ensure the proper handling of information to its directors, employees, and other related personnel.
Although every effort is taken to ensure no one else will see or obtain your personal information, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible on the Internet. Any unencrypted e-mail communication on the Internet is, as with communications via any other medium such as cellular phones, not secured or confidential, and is subject to possible interception, loss and/or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that Deschênes, its affiliated companies, agents or their respective employees, directors or officers, will not be liable to you or any third party, in any manner whatsoever, for any damage as a result of information transmitted by email to Deschênes. You assume all risks related to such communications.
Inquiries from customers regarding their own personal information, including verification of the purpose of the usage of the personal information, and the giving of opinions or making of complaints with regard to personal information handling, shall be forwarded to the division to which the customer initially provided his/her personal information. If you do not know the division, please send your inquiry to info@groupedeschênes.com
Deschênes will comply with privacy protection-related Canadian laws and regulations, and will review and improve the contents of this document to strive constantly towards better privacy protection.
Although our commitment to privacy will not change, Deschênes may modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy from time to time without notice.